Happy Birthday! To US!! We are 1 year old today, how about that? It's pretty crazy, actually. Pretty crazy that neither John nor I have killed each other. It's been close, people, I won't lie. So to celebrate, we are giving YOU presents!
That's right – a biiiiiiiig gift box of cool food stuffs. Let me tell you what's in this Box of Glory:
1. A $25 Gift Certificate for Brooklyn Slate. You readers might remember that BK Slate handcraft cheeseboards and serving ware from slate materials. You can check out our post on them here, and their website here.
2. TWO 11oz bottles of Sir Kensington's Gourmet Scooping Ketchup - one Classic and one Spicy. This stuff is the bees knees, people. You will put it on everything.
3. And speaking of bees, you also will get 1 bottle of NYC rooftop honey and 1 honeycomb (great for cheese plates - see Article #1) from Andew's Honey. Andrew sets up his honey stand in the Union Square Green Market every Wednesday.
4. Not one, not two but THREE jars of McClure's Pickles! I am a huge fan of this product, having sampled the pickles, relish, and the bloody Mary mix and I highly recommend them all. Included in the Box of Glory are: 1 jar Bloody Mary Mix, 1 jar Whole Spicy Pickles, and 1 jar Whole Garlic and Dill Pickles.
6. Love notes from John and me! And maybe some extra stuff, but the above are the highlights.
Now...the important part: How do you win this Box of Glory, because I know you want to win it, don't you?
Comment on this post from NOW until August 24, 2011 12am EST. In your comment, (pretty) please (with sugar on top) tell us your favorite post and why it is your favorite post.
For example, you could say the following:
My favorite post is the Roasted Red Bell Pepper Post because I had a very vivid (and disturbing) image of Elana's hair in the rain that made me laugh for weeks on end, not to mention feel better about myself.
OR you might reference The Box's Antipasto Manifesto in which he waxes poetical over the combinations of provolone, ceci beans and olives.
Perhaps you enjoyed the National Geographic Archeological Survey on John's Refrigerator in which we discovered Encyclopedia Brittanicas and year old ice cream (which is not 2 year old ice cream...)
Either way, let us know! Then we will pick one commenter and ship you The Box of Glory (did you hear an echo?) Now, get to it!